Through co-creation of effective projects, which conserve, restore and regenerate Blue Carbon Ecosystems we are fighting the effects of climate change and human interference on these Blue Carbon Eco-systems in the Caribbean.
So, after we deep-dived into our vision, mission and what our specialty is, we created the Governance Framework™️ and joined hands and co-created with the people and NGO’s that are so hard working on blue carbon projects in the region.
The financial services industry in general is an extremely regulated industry due to associated high risks. These risks are being closely monitored and controlled with developed frameworks of risk, control, due diligence, and compliance.
We applied our broad knowledge and experience in this industry (see team) to the processes around Blue Carbon projects, -offset and credit issuance and combined this with our recent practical knowledge of the projects in the Caribbean we have worked on and then created a practical Governance framework which encompasses all ingredients:
- The projects being the sweet spot of the framework.
- Stakeholders of the project being (local) government, indigenous and local people, NGO’s (list is not exhaustive)
- Funders/Investors in the project, who start the project Without their funding the project cannot become viable for carbon offset and credit issuance
- Independent verifiers
- Credit/financial product buyers- who (probably) need the credits to offset their CO2 output
- Stakeholder management by integrating the “Inner development goals” framework
- And then the management of all the flows, processes and procedures which connect all the parties involved.
We have specialized ourselves in offering a practical governance service to guide Blue Carbon projects into safe territory.
We offer a practical hands-on service wherein Blue Carbon Offset projects and its related highest quality certified blue carbon credits are surrounded by a shielding doughnut; we call it our practical Blue Carbon Governance Framework™️.
The reason that we want to do this is of course manyfold. But the main reason is best translated in our Mission:
‘Trough co-creation of effective projects, which conserve, restore and regenerate Blue Carbon Ecosystems we are fighting the effects of climate change and human interference on these Blue Carbon Eco-systems”
meaning that we want to fight the effects of climate change and human interference on the Blue Carbon Ecosystems.
Furthermore, the fact that carbon credits are surrounded by a dark cloud of greenwashing and fraud, has been the initial trigger to set up the framework so these risks would be hugely decreased.